Monday, May 16, 2011

Tonight at the park

So, I wanted to try out a new lens this weekend. I have been wanting to rent it for some time. Well, I took the plunge, and rented it from a local photography store. Well, we headed out around 5:00 p.m. We stopped at one location that I have used before, and liked. Last time I went there, I ran into the owner of the property, and got permission to take pictures on his land. Well, this time, I nearly got run off, by none other but his brother, or so I believe that is who it was. Anyway, then B decided to fuss, and we promptly left that location. We headed up the road to an old barn that I have seen from the road side many times. I always ask before just taking pics, if I am going to be on somebody's property, I mosied on up to the door. I knock. A man of maybe 50 years or so answers. I tell him what I want and why I am knocking on his door. At first, I thought the guy was putting me on. He stated that there were land mines on his property, and he wouldn't think twice to shooting someone for placing one foot around his barn, truck, or any other thing that he owned. I smiled, and joked back, as I thought he was pulling my leg, so to speak. The more I joked, the more this man looked serious. I told him it was unfortunate that he has had to deal with people trespassing without asking, and that he had been unfortunate to have his possessions stolen. I thanked him for his time, and shook his hand. I wished him well, and told him to have a good day. I think he was taken aback a bit, when I shook his hand and told him thank you. He acted as if nobody had ever thanked him for his time. So, up the street again we went. All in the name of photography. I get to a park that I have eyeballed many times before. Though it is over crowded with people, I was hopeful. The spot that I wanted was taken, we ventured deeper into the park. We had already been chased away from two properties, and I was not about to give up now. So we settled into taking photos. This is a sample of what we were able to achieve, in spite of the efforts of others to discourage us. We had a great time, and even rescued a duck.

I almost forgot. Now, after using this lens tonight, I think that I am going to have to have it some day. It is so much fun, and I love it!





















2 comments:

  1. Oh, Thank you so much! I wish that lens wasn't sooo expensive. It retails at $2300. So, it may be a few years, but I will get it one day. You can bet on that. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers